6.21.2011

11 Weeks

Wow, we're already almost done with the first trimester! I have to say it absolutely flew by. Looking back I had prepared myself to have a first trimester filled with horrible nausea, throwing up constantly, and complete exhaustion and I truly experienced none of it. I've definitely been more tired than I am normally, but not to the point of needing to go to bed way earlier or take regular naps. I think I took only 3 naps over the last 6 weeks and I couldn't be happier to say that.

With that said, we made the big reveal this last weekend to both sets of parents. It was really nice to be able to talk to my mom a bit about how her pregnancies were. Turns out I just come from very good pregnant lady genes because my mom claims to have had pretty much symptomless pregnancies! I was so happy to hear that because I was really starting to worry that maybe something was 'wrong' with my pregnancy since it has been so easy.

My one real symptom finally sent me to the store today. Oh yes, that's right, mama needed some new bras. I even had a couple of friends at work today comment that I was looking rather voluptuous, haha. However, I am a total bra snob. I have bought nothing but Victoria's Secret since I was 17 and trying on bras at Target just showed me that you definitely get what you pay for! Needless to say I came home with a couple that once I tried them on at home (because I didn't feel like going for round 2 in the fitting room) I discovered they will be going back to the store tomorrow. Wish me luck finding something that works!

The Mr. and I did start the bump picture tradition last week, but they haven't been uploaded yet so I'll try to do a post with pictures sometime soon. The bump is definitely starting to make an appearance!

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya in the bra situation! I am a bra snob too and I ordered 1 size up from Victorias Secret in my first trimester. I've been able to wear those all throughout my pregnancy. Hope that works for you too!

    For nursing bras, I hear Bravado is the way to go but I haven't tried them yet. They are pricing but I hear it's worth it. I'll be your guinea pig and test them out for ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know you have been able to stick with the one size up for the rest of your pregnancy. I ended up with 2 new bras in 1 size up today and I am really hoping they last a while.

    Thanks for the nursing bra suggestion, can't wait to hear how they work for you!

    ReplyDelete