5.15.2011

Mixed Emotions

My sister-in-law's father passed away tonight after a courageous 4 year battle with A.L.S. He was an amazing man who will be missed by many. My heart just aches thinking about what his family is going through right now. So my brother and sister-in-law could be with her family tonight I babysat their daughter (along with my other sister-in-law), needless to say we made sure she had more than enough auntie love and gave her lots of extra kisses as we snuggled her to sleep. Her papa was one in a million.

The good news I wanted to write about the other day when blogger was unfortunately down. I had my first OB appointment last Thursday and it went great. I am so sad my CNP can't deliver the baby because we get along just great, but I am definitely going to make sure I see her for a lot of my prenatal appointments. The most exciting part of my appointment is that my CNP is a firm believer of early ultrasounds so she decided that we'll fudge the truth about the accuracy of my dates. So....we get to see our baby for the first time a 7 weeks 3 days! I can't wait! I'm trying my hardest to get rid of my fear that I will miscarry. I have no reason to think I will, but every pain I feel makes me think that is what is happening. Guess all I can do is hope and pray that our sweet babe sticks with us. Whenever I'm scared I have the hubs kiss my tummy and tell the baby to hold on tight. Obviously I know that it won't make a difference but at least it puts a smile on my face. He's going to be such an amazing daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment