2.10.2011

Good things to come

There are many things on my to do list right now and the next few weekends are full of social obligations leaving little to no time to do them!

Currently, I am in the middle of sewing five more bags like these ones:


It's so rewarding when they are done, but man alive it's putzy! The last time I made a group like this they were for my bridesmaids so I didn't even get the reward of a purse for myself in the end. This time, I made sure that wasn't going to happen. There's a beauty in the mix for little ole me!

On top of that, I'm trying (rather unsuccessfully) to redecorate our bedroom. I know we can't afford a nice matching bedroom set so I'm searching for pieces that coordinate. Before new furniture comes in I need to paint one of the walls, which will be quite the project since it's a deep red now so it'll need primer as well as a few coats for gray I'm sure. In other words, a definite weekend project (if not two weekends!) and there isn't an open one until at least March at this point.

With all that said, I am so excited for the next couple of weekends. We have a wedding this weekend for one of my many cousins, but I'm really looking forward to it. I enjoy weddings on a whole new level now that I've had my own big day. Then next weekend, three friends and I are road tripping to Chicago. I haven't visited the city since I was about 8, so even though it's only two nights I know it's going to be great!

Enough rambling for tonight, I think bedtime is approaching quickly. It's been a rough week.

No comments:

Post a Comment