2.24.2011

Making Plans and Kicking....well nothing

Girls road trip to Chicago is done and over. Great experience but torturous drive home. Leave it to us to end up driving through a blizzard on our way back. We left Chicago at 7 am and I didn't get home until 7:30 pm. Thank goodness for good company for the long car ride. Slow and steady the whole way through.



It was a great relaxing weekend with my favorite blonde "sisters." Plus, I scored some amazing new clothes and my first ever pair of boots. Yes, I am that late to the trend and finally bought adorable boots. The best part is that I scored them for $60 at Nordstrom Rack and when I went home I discovered they are originally $240 boots! I love a good deal!

One more picture just for funsies, this is my "little sister" and I looking classy:


Of course, I got home from this little trip and needed to try to schedule another one. Luckily, the stars aligned and the Mr. and I scored cheap tickets to San Francisco to a friends wedding in April. I was finally resigned to missing the weekend because whenever I checked flights were well over $400 a person but I checked again yesterday and they came down to $309! Needless to say I convinced the Mr. it was a must have and we booked last night. I don't think he's super excited for the trip since he's not really a 'lets go explore the city' type of person but he's being a trooper because he knows how much I want to see my friend on her special day. All this means I need to start finding activities for us ASAP because we'll have 3 whole days to ourselves and I want to make sure he enjoys himself. I have been to SF 3 times now but my time is usually spent shopping and I know that won't thrill him. So, if anyone has guy friendly Bay Area activities let me know, I need them!

Now we just need to figure out this whole baby thing. We are getting so close to our original off the pill date and it's starting to terrify me. I know that I want a baby but it's starting to freak me out a bit that it could happen so soon! Should we wait till we're a bit later? Will we regret spending our 20's raising babies? I really don't know and my mind flips back and forth just about every day. Decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

  1. We traveled to San Fran a few years ago for a long weekend vaca and loved it! We rented a car and drove to Sonoma one day (think it was about an hour away) and visited wineries. We also visited Big Sur State Park and my husband really like that. Then of course there's the Golden Gate Bridge and trolley cars and Pier 39. Have fun planning!

    ReplyDelete